Work Health & Safety Coordinator | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Part Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Mar-2019|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mollini, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to be moving into a newly renovated State of the Art Support Office in Abbotsford in April this year!
About the Role
Due to our significant growth an exciting part time opportunity has become available for a Work Health and Safety Coordinator to join our Work, Health & Safety Team. Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, this role is responsible for providing Return to Work coordination and overall support to the Safety team in delivering and ensuring WHS compliance, in line with internal process and procedures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your passion for Safety and injury prevention whilst gaining valuable experience within our dynamic and collaborative team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Safety team, and respond to Safety phone calls and inbox queries
- Supporting the Safety team with the provision of Workers Compensation, Rehabilitation and Return to Work processes including development, implementation and monitoring of individual return to Work programs for injured workers.
- Maintain accurate records and filing systems, including incident register, training records for the team
- Maintain communications to the stores via bulletins, safety alerts and other media.
- Provide high quality and timely injury management services to injured employees
- Conduct workplace inspections and risks assessments, where necessary
- Educate and coach leaders regarding their role and responsibilities during the injury management process and with the implementation of the safety system
- Identify opportunities for direct or indirect cost savings for the business
- Promote the overall safety strategy and objectives; and provide gap assistance, where necessary
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Understanding of WHS legislation and principles, and/or qualifications will be highly regarded
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably within retail but not essential
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation claim lodgement & claim managements process
- Experience in Return to Work Coordination
- Excellent time management, organisation and administrative skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills with a strong ability to multitask conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Understanding and application of safety principles for the provision of rehabilitation and injury management
- Strong empathy and genuinely interested in people's health and wellbeing
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Munro Footwear Group as we continue to grow! If this sounds like you then join us by applying now!