Accounts Payable Officer - General | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Jul-2019|
- Join our growing National Multi Branded Footwear Group
- Generous 50% off employee discount across all MFG brands
- Supportive team environment & culture
- Newly renovated State of the Art Office in Abbotsford – with onsite Gym, Basketball court & more!
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of footwear, owning and operating Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread.
About your next role
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Accounts Payable Officer to join our fantastic Finance team! We are looking for a motivated team player who is highly organised and has great attention to detail with a focus on efficiency, accuracy and delivering on tight deadlines.
Reporting to our Accounts Payable Supervisor, the main responsibilities include:
- Timely and accurate processing of all invoices and payments to our suppliers in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to accounts payable ledgers at month end
- Proactive management and reduction of invoice discrepancies
- Maintaining and actively fostering positive supplier relationships
- Providing ongoing support to the wider Finance team
- Generation of accurate reports for internal stakeholders
- Strive to work efficiently by continuously seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Demonstrated 1 - 2 years' experience in a similar Accounts Payable role
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration desirable
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- Infor M3 systems experience is an advantage but not essential
- Intermediate accounting skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft applications and other accounting software
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Fantastic communication & interpersonal skills; confidence dealing with other departments & suppliers
- Self starter to achieve shared team goals, with the ability to work autonomously
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Munro Footwear Group as we continue to grow! If this sounds like you then join us by applying now!
Please note we will not be accepting applications from agencies. If you are interested in the role please apply directly!