Analyst Programmer | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Oct-2019|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mollini, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to have recently moved into a newly renovated State of the Art Support Office in Abbotsford which includes a fully equipped onsite gym, basketball court, café & more!
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a technical Analyst Programmer join our dynamic and growing IT Team. Reporting to the Technical Specialist you will be responsible for assisting with the technical integration of application solutions as well as the design, development and delivery of effective new solutions. You will provide technical support for the business POS System to ensure a high level of availability.
We are looking for someone with a technical background in programming and with excellent design skills and experience with developing POS Systems
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform systems & software development activities
- Ensuring all system documentation is up to date and accessible
- Complete testing for any new systems functionality / software release
- Support / Incident Management
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems
- Assist the IT team on speciality projects to continually improve service delivery
- Assist in the technical integration of application solutions and the development of new solutions
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Computer Science or IT related discipline
- 1-2 years experience in developing POS Systems ideally within a retail environment
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (eg: C#,Java,.Net)
- Solid Understanding of Database management systems (eg. SQL)
- Demonstrated Knowledge of Software Development Tools (eg. Visual Studio); Understanding of SDLC
- Good documentation ability; functional/technical and user requirements
- Working knowledge of cloud providers (eg. AWS,Azure)
- Strong knowledge of computer software / hardware
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solutions oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and practical approach
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to liaise with and articulate technical responses to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and within strict time frames
This is the ideal role for someone with a solid system analytics & technical background. If you have experience with POS integration and architecture including experience with the design, development and delivery of new solutions, we would love to hear from you!
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
Please note we will not be accepting applications from agencies. If you are interested in the role please apply directly!