Product Developer | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Dec-2018|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of footwear, owning and operating Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread.
Our success is predicated on connecting with consumers in authentic and unexpected ways, while remaining true to the rich heritage of each of our brands. Progressive and forward thinking, we continue to evolve employing over 2,500 people throughout our Support Offices in Port Melbourne & Collingwood and 290+ stores nationally.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, your daily responsibilities will include:
- Taking products from initial concepts through to approved pre-production samples that are production ready.
- Ensure quality standards and brand attributes are maintained and timelines achieved in order to meet key stakeholder expectations.
- Assist the Product Development Manager to analyse quantitative and qualitative research to maintain a strategic and thorough understanding of the brand attributes, customer centricity and distribution markets.
- Ensure sample costs are in line with budget. Achieve gross margins.
- Manage R&D projects, awareness of new technology, materials and componentry development to specification.
- Responsible for the development of seasonal product ranges by; identifying key colours, styles, and relevant raw materials for the season.
- Approve the suppliers for sourcing raw materials; manage the production schedule through constant communication with suppliers to ensure key development deadlines are achieved.
- Manage lead times and supply chain from concept to customers in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Hold weekly production meetings to ensure open communication with the team regarding product development progress.
- Measure and assess all sample fittings.
- Ensure standards and development guidelines are followed through the development process.
- Primary liaison with overseas vendors for Product Development from product specifications to sample approval.
- Work with factories ensuring careful management of raw materials. Due to this, there is a requirement for travel to Asia.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience working in a similar role.
- Footwear experience is essential, women's footwear is advantageous.
- Strong ability to influence and communicate at all levels and functions.
- A great eye and passion for design, and an up to date knowledge of current trends.
- Ability to work to deadlines and work in a fast paced energetic environment.
- Proficient Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience working with a CMS system.
If this sounds like you (and you love shoes!) then join us by applying now.