Financial Analyst | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Oct-2018|
The Munro footwear group is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of footwear. MFG owns and operates multiple retail brands including Midas, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers and Australia's leading online footwear retailer, Styletread.
Drawing on over 150 years of history and experience, our brands are fixtures of the Australian retail landscape, renowned for their quality products and ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction.
Dedicated to growth, excellence and evolution, our success is predicated on connecting with consumers in authentic and unexpected ways, while remaining true to the rich heritage of each of our brands. Progressive and forward thinking, we continue to evolve employing over 2,000 people throughout our Support Offices in Port Melbourne & Collingwood and 290+ stores nationally.
With the business well positioned for growth, an opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will play an active role in the evaluation of key business initiatives. Using your understanding of accounting and strong analytical skills, you will be accountable for generating reliable and accurate reports for commercial projects and stakeholders.
About the role:
- Data gathering and integrity checking to ensure accuracy in the reporting processes, including validation of source data and reconciliations.
- Review business KPI's and internal controls to determine where such controls are adequate to meet management objectives and ensure the safeguarding of assets.
- Ad-hoc report preparation for key relationships/stakeholders.
- Take part in the development of financial budgets and operational forecasts.
- Preparation of business plans/business case analysis for new projects and initiatives.
- Prepare plans of action for investment based on financial analyses.
- Participate in the preparation of capital expenditure plans and annual budgets for business areas as delegated.
- Business partner the payroll and retail operations function in reviewing and reporting rostering information.
- Provide technical assistance in the design of cost accounting or reporting systems and related forms and documents.
- Perform specialised financial or cost analyses and related reports.
About the candidate:
- 1-2 years experience in Accounting/Finance (maximum)
- Tertiary qualified in Accounting or Finance.
- Part CPA/CA (preferred).
- Strong data interrogation skills and ability to turn data into meaningful information.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Particularly Excel
If you're looking for your next challenge and have the above skills and experience, please apply today!
Please be advised that only short listed candidates will be contacted.