Accounts Payable Officer | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2022|
When you join Munro Footwear Group (MFG), you're joining more than just Australia's largest privately-owned footwear company. We're an organisation that has a people-first approach. We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Accounts Payable Officer to join our friendly Finance team! Sounds like a team you want to be a part of? Keep reading.
Benefits & Culture:
At Munro Footwear Group (MFG) we value our team, our loyal customers, and our dedicated suppliers. With more than 250+ stores and 2000+ Team Members nationally, we are Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands including Mountfords, Midas, Mollini, Mathers, Williams, Colorado, diana ferrari and Australia's biggest online footwear retailer, Styletread! We offer:
- Enjoy a hybrid working model, with the option to spread your time between our Abbotsford Support Office and home!
- On your days in the office you will enjoy an onsite café, access to the Gym & Beauty bar
- You will be joining a large successful Australian business that has family values at its core
- We pride ourselves on our positive company culture and proven financial success within the market and ensure that that your hard work will be recognized and rewarded
- Join a team of supportive and successful professionals within the Marketing team
In this role, you will be responsible for all duties of the Accounts Payable function, including accurate and timely processing of invoices, undertaking payment to our suppliers, and ensuring all queries and requests are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
Your responsibilities will include
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to accounts payable ledgers at month-end
- Processing and maintaining supplier invoices
- Proactive management and reduction of invoice discrepancies
- Maintaining and actively fostering positive supplier relationships
- Providing ongoing support to the wider Finance team and other relevant departments
- Generation of accurate reports for internal stakeholders
- Continuously seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Supporting and assisting the AP Team with any Adhoc tasks
This role is an excellent opportunity for an Accounts Payable Officer to take the next step in your career and join a hardworking team where growth and information sharing are encouraged. You will need strong time management skills with great attention to detail and the ability to take an analytical approach to problem-solving.
Ideally, you will bring
- Solid understanding of accounts payable principles;
- A willingness to learn and develop;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications and other accounting software;
- Fantastic communications & interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- The ability to build relationships with other departments & suppliers; and
- Self-drive to achieve shared team goals, but also able to work autonomously.