Engineer Manager | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Feb-2020|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mollini, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to have moved into a newly renovated state-of-the-art Support Office in Abbotsford which includes a fully equipped onsite gym, basketball court, café & more!
About the Role
As we continue to grow an exciting new opportunity has become available for an Engineer Manager to support our Product Development team with improving time to market by developing a consistent approach to footwear engineering. You will be responsible for overseeing the footwear development and ideation phase to identify and alleviate potential manufacturing, efficiency or costing concerns.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and work closely with the Product Development and Engineering team to oversee fitting process
- Development of footwear styles, lasts, sole moulds, constructions, material selection and analysing lab results and responding to them in a timely manner
- Strategic planning and development of roadmap for overall improvement to fittings to ensure our fit is best in class
- Prepare and commission samples and oversee the mass production of successful prototypes
- Supervise the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the overall manufacture process
- Oversee internal quality audits and ensure corrective action plans based on audit outcomes are implemented
- Coach, mentor, and develop the Engineering team, enabling them to achieve business objectives
- Facilitate Product Development teams overall financial growth through the development of new designs, materials and manufacturing techniques
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably managing a team of Designers and/or Engineers
- Excellent technical background in all aspects of shoe making including patterns, tooling, and the manufacturing process
- Previous successful development of high-quality product, footwear highly desirable
- Effective stakeholder management of internal and external relationships with ability to work at all levels
- Effective time management and a commitment to working within timelines
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and/or 3D digital files
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Fashion or industrial design preferred but not essential
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
If you have a passion for Product Engineering with excellent attention to detail and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities this is the perfect role to grow your career and join us!
For more information visit our website www.munrofootweargroup.com.au
(MFG Shared Services Pty. Ltd)