Corporate Barista | Melbourne Head Office
|Category:||Support Office Administration|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Feb-2020|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mollini, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to have moved into a newly renovated state-of-the-art Support Office in Abbotsford which includes a fully equipped onsite gym, basketball court, café & more!
About the Role
An exciting role has become available for a full time Corporate Barista / Catering Assistant to join our Support Office team. Reporting to the Office Manager, you will be solely responsible for the running of our in-house café, making beverages for internal team members, visitors and guests of the Support Office as well as ensuring the cleanliness and organisation of the kitchen. There will also be the opportunity to assist with catering for internal events on an ad hoc basis. We are looking for someone with a proactive, positive and can-do attitude who loves coffee and creating a welcoming and professional café environment.
Your Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Provide exceptional customer experience by developing rapport with team members
- Prepare and serve a high volume of beverages with various milk options
- Maintain café inventory and stock to ensure efficiency and minimise wastage
- Perform general cleaning tasks including cleaning the café area, sanitising equipment and utensils in preparation for the next day service
- Maintain Hygiene and Food Safety standards at all times
- Prepare and serve food throughout peak seasonal periods to customers
- Support with Office event planning and assist with catering and bar support
- Keep track and report on weekly beverage volume for forecasting and planning
- Support with ad hoc tasks required by the Office Manager including occasional Reception relief
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated 2-3 years' experience as a Barista in a fast paced café; corporate café experience is preferred but not essential
- Certificate IV in Hospitality or equivalent desirable
- Food Handling/Hygiene Certificate and Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) desirable
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- The ability to maintain composure whilst under pressure in an autonomous role
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety standards
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to remember names and orders
- Exceptional organisational skills to maintain cleanliness at all times
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!