National Retail Training Manager | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Oct-2019|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mollini, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to have recently moved into a newly renovated State of the Art Support Office in Abbotsford which includes a fully equipped onsite gym, basketball court, café & more!
About the Role
With the expansion of our Training & Development team we have an exciting, newly created opportunity for a National Retail Training Manager to join our People & Culture Department. You will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing retail training initiatives to support current and future retail needs, ensuring all is culturally consistent and aligned to the Munro Capability Framework.
We are looking for someone with extensive retail experience, both in operations and learning and development. You will bring a proven track record of sales and service excellence, as well as your expertise in writing, developing and facilitating blended learning solutions.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Design relevant, targeted and innovative content and training programs to support specific learning projects and programs across our retail stores
- Structure content and engagement initiatives to drive learner retention
- Work with wider Training & Development team to develop train-the-trainer guides and materials to assist Field Trainers/Line Managers with rolling out training initiatives
- Support Retail Operations, Field Trainers and Product Trainer with workshops, forums, roadshows and instore training and store through direct facilitation and, or, through developing facilitation guides and materials
- Work with People & Culture, Merchandise and Product teams to create targeted content and materials to support business and change initiatives
- Adapt instructional design materials across templates ensuring consistency of training branding
- Support Back to School Roadshows and other peak trade periods by partnering with key stakeholders to identify and develop required training material whilst ensuring wider roadshow execution is aligned to BTS strategy
- Develop and manage schedule for project completion that effectively allocates team resources to the activities
- Support and upskill all Field Trainers in their delivery of training initiatives and programs
- Support Product Trainer in the delivery and execution of Product Training
- Support a continuous learning culture by reviewing work completed to identify future opportunities
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in HR / Learning & Development or Training and Assessment (Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment)
- Demonstrate at least 3 years' experience in learning design, content development across a range of programs, audiences and blended platforms
- At least 3+ years' experience in delivering sales and service within a retail environment
- Expertise in managing a Learning Management System
- Expertise in delivering blended learning solutions, face to face and virtual environments with the ability to execute through software tools and platforms
- Experienced in the end to end design and delivery of leadership development programs
- Proven experience in retail development and change initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Confidence in presenting and training to varied audiences and ability to travel interstate
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team geographically spread
- Ability to work effectively across a range of projects and subject matters
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst juggling multiple tasks
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
Please note we will not be accepting applications from agencies. If you are interested in the role please apply directly!