Payroll Officer | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jan-2019|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mollini, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Proudly Australian owned, we continue to lead the footwear industry through our rapid growth and expansion. We are excited to be moving into a newly renovated State of the Art Support Office in Abbotsford in April this year!
We have a fantastic full time opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our tight knit payroll team on a 3 month contract with a view to permanency. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for end to end Payroll to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and wages. You will assist with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll for up to 3,000 employees as well as support with calls through to the hotline and email enquiries.
About the role:
- End to end Processing of weekly and/or fortnightly payruns, including terminations and back-pays as required
- Provide professional and supportive advice to all employees on payroll related matters and resolve payroll issues in a customer focused manner
- Providing specialist knowledge for payroll activities, including Award/EBA interpretation and legislative requirements.
- Update and maintain the payroll system for new starters, terminations and other employee changes
- Maintain and manage database templates and tables, including rosters, access/user profiles, and reports
- Provide provision reports and other Adhoc reports to the Retail Operations team and relevant departments
- Processing of Month End reports, Superannuation and other statutory payments as required
- Calculating annual leave and LSL provisions/accruals
- Ensure compliance with regulatory authorities and company audit requirements
- Maintaining employee filing system
- Managing payroll inbox enquiries and responding in a timely manner
- Supporting with key payroll projects including a system integration and roll out to the business
- Demonstrated 3+ years' experience in Payroll
- Experience in Ascender Preceda and Time Target systems ideal but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Intermediate Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of General Retail Industry Award conditions advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive payroll team, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- High attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to prioritise work to meet critical processing time frames.
- Excellent communication / customer service skills
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
If you are looking to take the next step in your career with a leading National and growing Footwear group, in a unique and challenging work environment, we would love to hear from you!