Buyer - Styletread | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread.
Our success is predicated on connecting with consumers in authentic and unexpected ways, while remaining true to the rich heritage of each of our brands. Progressive and forward thinking, we continue to evolve employing over 2,500 people throughout our Support Offices in Port Melbourne & Collingwood and 290+ stores nationally. We are excited to be moving into a State of the Art office in Abbotsford in early 2019!
About the Role
A unique opportunity exists for a driven and experienced Footwear Buyer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the selection and development of a competitive and on-trend product offering, that maximises sales and profit in line with Styletread's KPI's and merchandise strategy.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Selecting & developing product ranges
- Ongoing analysis and interpretation of market, trend, competitor, stock and sales to assist in resulting decisions
- Influencing & negotiating Suppliers/Manufacturers to meet business expectations
- Responsible for developing the skills and knowledge of the buying team, ensuring they have clear understanding of category/business KPI's
- Researching seasonal trends
- Analysing & interpreting stock and sales
- Conducting product presentations
- Ongoing website maintenance of categories, brand placement and representation
- Demonstrated 3 years' experience in a Buying Role - Footwear Buying experience is preferred
- Online retail experience - ideally in a Buying capacity advantageous
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and people skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills with a strong ability to multitask conflicting priorities
- High attention to detail and analytical skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel essential
- Passion for footwear and up to date knowledge of current trends
Benefits and Culture
We offer a friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous employee benefits are provided. As a privately owned company we thrive on building great relationships with our team and our customers. We work to make things happen and when a job is done, big or small we celebrate!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Buyer who is passionate about footwear. If you are looking to take the next step in your career with a leading national and growing Footwear group, in a unique and challenging work environment, we would love to hear from you!