Junior Planner | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Jul-2022|
Exciting Opportunity for a Junior Planner to take the next step in their career with Australia's most iconic footwear brands!
Competitive salary & employee discounts
- Flexible working arrangements - all the time
- Career development and upskilling opportunities
- Great team environment and collaborative culture
With more than 250+ stores and 2000+ Team Members nationally, we are Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands including Mountfords, Midas, Mollini, Mathers, Williams, Colorado, diana ferrari and Australia's biggest online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) we value our team, our loyal customers, and our dedicated suppliers. We work hard to play hard, we celebrate each other, and we believe every Team Member is an essential part of our ongoing success!
About your next role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Merchandise Planner to join our supportive & dynamic team! We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic team player who will be accountable for planning activities associated with our iconic brands; ensuring we have the right stock, in the right store, at the right time for our customers.
Reporting to the Merchandise Planner, this role will see you:
- Provide weekly, monthly, and seasonal reports, analysis and forecasting of sales, profits, purchases and stocks.
- Work with Planner to manage the OTB and quantification of stock across multiple categories
- Responsible for inventory control which includes monitoring and advising on stocks in order to maximize productivity;
- Identify obsolete and slow-moving lines and prepare for clearance strategy.
- Size and product analysis by category to define buy quantities in line with business requirements.
- Supporting Merchandise allocator with stock related issues and allocation requests.
- Markdown / Price management for key promotional events
- Provide in season product analysis, tracking & reporting of sales and inventory levels; and
- Manage tools and data which support analysis. i.e. product attributing and classification, store gridding, size curves, model stocks.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an analytically minded allocator, junior planner or planning assistant who is ready to take the next step in their career and broaden their planning experience. Whilst knowledge of footwear/fashion and an understanding of retail and supply is advantageous, it is not essential. If you are positive, enthusiastic and wanting to learn – this is the role for you!
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Access, Excel (Intermediate/Advanced);
- Analytical skills, well organised and excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a flexible and team-based approach;
- A strong understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them; and
- An ability to work to deadlines and work in a fast paced & energetic environment.
Our culture and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join Munro Footwear Group as we continue to grow! We offer a flexible, friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous Team Member benefits are provided, including discounts across all our Brands.
With a track record of internal upskilling and promotion, you can be sure that your hard work will be recognized and rewarded! If you're ready to take the next step in your career Apply Now and let's talk!