Return to Work Advisor | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Part Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Dec-2018|
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) is Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of footwear, owning and operating Australia's most iconic brands. Our impressive portfolio includes Midas, Mountfords, Wanted, Williams, Mathers as well as Australia's most popular online footwear retailer, Styletread.
Our success is predicated on connecting with consumers in authentic and unexpected ways, while remaining true to the rich heritage of each of our brands. We are excited to be moving into a new State of the Art Support Office located in Abbotsford in early 2019!
As we continue on our path of growth, excellence and evolution we have a fantastic opportunity for a Part-time Return to Work Advisor to join our Work Health & Safety team.
About the role:
- Provide prompt rehabilitation and return to work support for work related and non-work related injuries/illness for employees across national store portfolio.
- This role involves a rotating on-call component including evenings and weekends.
- Document, coordinate and monitor the employee's Return to Work/Suitable Duties Plans, in liaison with the injured/ill employee, treating professionals, line managers and insurers
- Promote an efficient system for immediate reporting of injuries to enable early employee contact regarding rehabilitation and reporting to the insurer
- Ensure compliance with state & territory legislation for workers' compensation and rehabilitation
To be successful in this role, you will require the following:
- Accredited Return to Work Advisor with 3+ years' demonstrated experience in the provision of workplace based rehabilitation, return to work, and advice to management
- Experienced working across different State & Territory systems
- Qualifications in Exercise Physiology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or a related discipline is preferred
- Experience in proactively managing and coordinating claims to a successful outcome with strong commitment to achieving immediate or early return to work
- Experience in Return to Work management in a retail and multi-site environment
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong empathy and genuinely interested in people's health and wellbeing.
- Understanding and application of safety principles for the provision of rehabilitation and injury management
- Understanding of WHS legislation and principles
This is an exciting opportunity to join Munro Footwear Group as we continue to grow.... If this sounds like you then join us by applying now!