Desktop Support Specialist | Melbourne Head Office
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2022|
Exciting Opportunity for a Helpdesk Guru, to come on board as our new Desktop Support Specialist and take the next step in their career with Australia's most iconic footwear brands!
Competitive salary & employee discounts
- Hybrid work set up
- Career development and upskilling opportunities
- Great team environment and collaborative culture
With more than 250+ stores and 2000+ Team Members nationally, we are Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands including Mountfords, Midas, Mollini, Mathers, Williams, Colorado, Diana Ferrari and Australia's biggest online footwear retailer, Styletread!
Munro Footwear Group (MFG) we value our team, our loyal customers, and our dedicated suppliers. We work hard to play hard, we celebrate each other, and we believe every Team Member is an essential part of our ongoing success!
About your next role
Are you someone who can navigate hardware, is the got-to Tech Guru and IT Genius amongst your friends? Then you will want to read on!
This is a rare “first step” opportunity to join our Technology team and be a part of our desktop support centre. We like to think our Desk Support Team as our “beating heart” of our business and the people who keep our life running smoothly wherever we are working. With seamless remote working as one of our core beliefs at MFG, our Desktop Support Team and Tech team are pivotal to our collective success.
As our Desktop Support Specialist, you will be the first contact point for providing technical support, POS software and hardware systems support and ensuring a high level of operational support to the business. We are looking for a superstar with strong organisational and communication skills who is confident and bi-lingual with speaking with technical and non-technical users.
- Technical Experience: As our new Desktop Support Genius will have previous experience with the following technologies – Windows XP / 7 / 8.1 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Active directory, TCP/IP, Exchange/Outlook, MS Office, Anti-virus, Printing, Basic SQL desirable.
- Experience working within a ticketing system, and a focus on meeting Service Level Agreements.
- Strong skills in conducting systems and end user acceptance testing; Also, have gained experienced in the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Configuration and installation of PC's, printers and other equipment
- What we are looking for: You will be a confident communicator with all internal stakeholders with strong interpersonal and written skills. You are a fast starter with a sense of urgency who is pro-active and can demonstrate your technical experience in written documentation and communication with user requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: is not a ‘hide behind a desk' kind of role, you'll be working right across our business and with all areas within our teams. You'll need to build great relationships and you'll be seen as the glue that holds it all together!
- You are comfortable providing phone and desk based technical support to our internal customers with occasional travel to stores
- You find building relationships with users easy and understand the critical nature of the desktop/PC Support team`s roles and responsibilities
- Know how to provide excellent customer service experience, ensuring that any solutions provided are communicated openly and transparently
- You and are as confident in a fast-paced commercial environment as you are within a technical role.
- Can build hardware and can provide technical guidance (training) and support to other Desktop/PC Support staff
- Confident with software installations, helpdesk enquiries, network support, ideally have worked with a ticketing system.
- Previous experience with providing documentation, in writing functional/technical specification and end user requirements.
Our culture and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join Munro Footwear Group as we continue to grow! We offer a flexible, friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous Team Member benefits are provided, including discounts across all our Brands.