Graduate Assistant Accountant | Melbourne Head Office
|Permanent Full Time
|No File Attached
|Application Close Date:
- Graduate level Financial Assistant Accountant opportunity to earn while you learn!!
- This is an amazing opportunity to work with a fast-paced and growing finance team
- Enjoy hybrid working and say YES to more of life's BIG, little moments
Our Finance team is positioned at the center of our business, playing a critical role that supports strategic decision making across every division. With a strong focus on delivering quality outcomes and working with stakeholders across the business, this role is an exciting step for an junior Assistant Accountant looking for a career move in a fun team in a growing company.
At MFG we work in a fast-moving retail environment, and the role of Financial Assistant Accountant is anything but “business as usual”. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your finance career then come and join our growing and dynamic, this could be the role for you!
What Will Your Day Look Like
Reporting to our Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for;
- Preparation of reconciliations for Balance Sheet recs, including posting journals as part of month-end close
- Assist in collation of audit samples as part of year-end close
- Assisting the Finance Officer with queries on the daily bank reconciliations for stores and ensuring accuracy of GL data
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Finance Team as needed
- Cash reconciliations and working with large sets of data you can bring your tech savvy skills into play!
More about You
This is a great opportunity for someone who has worked in retail or the FMCG sector and is looking to join a fast-paced and challenging environment with lots of perks!! We have a fantastic finance team who are really challenging the boundaries and having fun along the way. If this sounds like you then please read on,
What your background and skills will look like;
- You will have achieved a tertiary accounting qualification from a recognised Australian university; and intend to or are currently working towards being a CPA or CA member.
- Have a minimum of 1 years' experience (ideally or intern experience) in a retail or from a multi-site operation.
- Have an appetite for large data sets and the ability to think and learn new skills quickly
- Have practical accounting experience in delivery of month-end and related reporting.
- Have strong demonstration of collaboration and initiative, along with attention to detail.
- Possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel; Accounting system use – M3 (preferable), have knowledge of or have used ReconArt (bank rec solution)
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. We want you to grow and mature with the rest of the organisation. If you like working with a great finance team, with visibility of a dynamic organisation, and the opportunity to grow then we invite you to explore this role - we would love to hear from you.
More about Us
With more than 290+ stores and 2500+ employees nationally and a brand-new state-of-the-art distribution centre, we are Australia's leading retailer and wholesaler of fashion and comfort footwear, owning and operating some of Australia's most iconic brands including Midas, Mollini, Cinori, Mathers, Williams, Diana Ferrari, and Australia's largest online footwear retailer, Styletread!
As a family-owned company, at Munro Footwear Group (MFG) we value our team, our loyal customers, and our dedicated suppliers. We work hard to play hard, we celebrate each other, and we believe every Team Member is an essential part of our ongoing success.
Why You Are Going to Love Working At Munro
There has never been a more exciting time to join Munro Footwear Group as we continue to grow! We offer a flexible, friendly, welcoming team environment where continued support, training and generous Team Member benefits are provided, including discounts across all our Brands.
- Generous employee discount for you and your immediate family!
- An extra 4 days a year of ‘Life Leave'
- Summer Fridays!
- Flexible Paid Parental Leave
- A competitive Salary Package
- Career Growth and development opportunities with a fun & friendly team
- Through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) you'll have access to professional and confidential counselling and support services